My name is Amanda,
I am a Creator.
There are two main passions in my life: creativity and self development. I enjoy the process of self understanding and finding joy in my artistic practices.
My personal artistic practice includes illustrating interior design architecture from urban environments. I enjoying using mixed media like acrylic paint on canvas with small plastic objects to create texture and dimensions. My main styles include modern contemporary and pop art.
I am also the Creator and Designer for CreateBeing, a company that focuses on mental health and creative expression. I co-facilitate workshops that bring creative process and mental health self-care to the forefront. #endthestigma
Welcome to my world!
To create a safe space for people to feel welcomed, accepted and self-expressed. I believe everyone has valuable experiences and are creative.
Creator and Designer | CreateBeing | Toronto, ON | 2018 – Present
- Organize and facilitate creative and self-care workshops.
- Network and unite mental health community leaders.
- Manage brand and all social media channels.
Department Sales Manager | Sport Chek | Toronto, ON | 2015 – 2016
- Managed over 60 Advisors in the store.
- Motivated the team to provide customers with excellent service and coached underperforming teammates.
- Collaborated with teammates to solve customer and store issues.
Key Leader | ivivva, lululemon athletica | Toronto, ON | 2012 – 2015
- Lead 12 Educators to provide world-class service.
- Communicated daily target sales and monitored hourly sales to meet goals.
- Created welcoming working environment by organizing programs to celebrate the team’s successes and individual recognition.
Brock University, 2003 – 2007, Bachelor of Arts in Film Studies
Vikasa Yoga, 2012, Yoga Teacher Training Certification
SkillCrush, 2017, Visual Design Certification
Exhibition, Publication and Press
Raw Artists Toronto, 2018, CreateBeing exhibition
BiTeen Zine, 2019, Courage Map illustration
Blog Writer, Bushwick Film Festival